About GRP Scholarship
PDF has proudly introduced the new Graduate Resource Program (GRP). The Program provides an integrated approach towards addressing the evolving needs of Egypt’s emerging industries in an attempt to better serve & support business growth. GRP aims at bridging the gap between academia & the progressive job market needs in close cooperation with key stakeholders. GRP goes beyond the BBSA Program to provide added value by incorporating new elements demanded by leading industries & responding to market forces. The program scope builds on the Youth Academy programs by creating strong linkages with the industrial sector. GRP exposes fresh graduates to hands on training & development in line with industry needs.
• Building on the efforts of PDF towards developing and upgrading Egyptian fresh Public University graduates skills set by directly exposing graduates to the industrial sector.
• Building capacities within diversified industrial sectors, addressing specific functional areas and ultimately increase the competitive advantage of Egyptian companies.
• Expanding the scope of the GRP program to include multiple expanded opportunities for specialized training and development & serving the graduates nationwide.
• Granting GRP graduates access to quality employment opportunities in the industrial sector & serving companies’ needs for skilled work force.
GRP is a four months intensive program and consists of the following interactive modules:
• Business English Skills Development (180 Contact hours)
The business English skill development for fresh graduates is offered at different levels to accommodate basic and intermediate entry levels of English proficiency. This segment of the program includes Conversational English; report writing, business correspondences and presentation skills.
• IT for Business Skills Development (End User 180 contact hours)
o Operating Systems (Microsoft Windows)
o Word Processing (Microsoft Word)
o Presentations Design & Multimedia (Microsoft Power Point)
o Effective Communications & Organization (Microsoft Outlook)
o Project Management (Microsoft Project)
o Spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel)
o Database Management (Microsoft Access)
o Internet Navigation & Research (Internet Explorer)
• Job Entry Skills Development (40 contact hours)
o Professional resume writing
o Job search techniques
o Successful interview skills
o Communication skills
o Working towards goals
• Character Development & Work Values
o Team work
o Research/field work
o Commitment and Punctuality
o Results Orientation
o Work Ethics
• Basic Business Skills Workshops
o Sales Principles
o Marketing Basics
o Finance Essentials
o Accounting Fundamentals
• Graduation Projects Innovative Business Ideas
The graduation project puts to the test the outcomes of the intensive training whereby participants apply all the skills & tools acquired to develop an innovative business project. Participants are taken through all the stages of developing the business plan. It aims to develop core business skills & competencies through the integration of business skills to workplace tasks and projects. Additionally it focuses on research skills, analysis and project management. Graduation projects are presented by teams of four to six students, led by an elected representative - emphasizing team work. Competition is fostered among teams whereby the best projects are awarded upon graduation. Participants can select from a variety of topics in various fields & are encouraged to select innovative & demand-driven that express market and/or specific community need.
• Specialized Tracks Training
Specialized Tracks Training Phase (variable approx 10 - 15 working days ), where students are highly trained on one of the most demanded specialization tracks. Market-driven tracks comprise but not limited to - the following:
o Human Resources
o Customer Service
o Stock Management
o Quality Management
o Call Center
o Computerized Accounting
o Office management
• Employment Fair
Following the successful completion of the specialized tracks training, graduates are invited & encouraged to attend employment fairs & events organized by PDF to expose program graduates to the job market and available job opportunities.
PDF runs the GRP program in cooperation with Internationally Recognized Institutions. Participants throughout the country are trained by internationally recognized and highly reputable training providers, such as Berlitz, Amideast, Dale Carnegie Training, and PMEC.
Applicants interested to join the GRP must fit the following profile:
• Fresh public universities graduates
• Committed to the whole duration of the program
• Demonstrated a competent level of the English language
• Eager to be employed.