The Executive Development Program (EDP) is designed to address areas of improvements in management practices in private sector companies in Egypt. The objective is to empower business leaders with necessary tools and techniques to improve their firm’ s competitiveness and to work as change agents in their businesses and consequently in their community. The goal is to strengthen the ability of Egyptian firms to compete in the global economy by exposing their workforce to globally recognized standards of business and operations management through training activities.
How will the participants benefit?
EDP is positioned to help senior executives further refine their leadership skills and perspectives in their senior roles. The program also provides participants with a forum to exchange ideas and learn from each others as business leaders operating in the same environment and facing more or less the same challenges. An important outcome of the program comes from the networking opportunities given to participants where they can benefit from each others best practices.
The participants will:
• Learn concepts, frameworks, and techniques and formulate company strategy to enable the modern organization to compete effectively in today’s rapidly changing global economy.
• Reduce Operating costs and Improve quality of products
• Increase sales and exports
• Increase employee and customer satisfaction
• Increase profits and market share
• Creating high performance culture
• Developing corporate measurement system
• Develop an appreciation for key contemporary concern areas like Internationalization of Business, Quality and Customer Orientation, Corporate Citizenship, and Electronic Commerce.
The program consists of a series of monthly two-day seminars plus an evening opening session at a location outside of Cairo. Session themes are:
Strategy formulation International Trade
Strategic Alliances Sales
Marketing Family Business
HR Creating the Future
Operations IT Strategy
In addition, participants meet between each session to discuss applications of the program materials in their businesses. In each session, a university professor or a consultant is invited to participate in order to provide them with an opportunity to be exposed to the latest concepts on the subject matter presented. The Instructional system design of the EDP is similar to the lecture model employing the case method with some workshop activities where participants are required to present and interact with the rest of the class.
Value to Participants
The EDP’s major impact on participating organizations is to provide state-of-the-art techniques for leading their companies in a competitive market. The program offers new and different ways of thinking about company strategy and ways of implementing it. EDP will provide the practical tools to assist participants in achieving improved business practices.
The participants will be able to apply knowledge, tools and concepts in their organizations, and reap tangible benefits in company performance as a result.
- CEO and/or key senior executive with authority and accountability for business strategy formulation and resource allocation
- Proven track record of running and expanding businesses
- Experienced in business management with strong desire to learn and explore creative and innovative solutions to real world problems
- Personal and professional connections in the Egyptian business community
- Willingness to contribute to program activities including case studies, critical analysis, and classroom discussions
- Willingness to share experiences, knowledge, and practices with group/peers
- Commitment to attend sessions and focus on materials, readings without undue distractions during designated program schedule, calendar